Sunday, March 13, 2011

My chocolate addiction


I love chocolate. I can’t get enough of it. The only thing stopping me from eating enormous quantities of it is my fear of getting fat and developing diabetes. Someone said: “Anything is good in moderation”. I don’t think I totally agree with the “anything” part, but chocolate, in my opinion, definitely applies. Chocolate has some very good qualities and has a long history going back to Aztec and Mayan. It is made from cocoa beans, and components in cocoa beans such as antioxidants may help protect against illnesses like heart disease and cancer. Chocolate also contains protein, fat, iron and other substances. It also contains caffeine. I think caffeine is the part which helps me to stay alert, and adds energy. I understand that a small portion of dark chocolate contains more caffeine, than a cup of coffee. Or maybe I am just trying to come up with excuses to suppress my sense of guilt:-)

1 comment: